Humans of Harker Video: Amy Dunphy ventures into uncharted scientific territory

"As a kid, I think I always liked exploring and I liked going outdoors," Amy Dunphy said. "My backyard had a lot of trees in it, so I was always trying to climb one, trying to get up in any way I could. I spent a lot of time there, and I'd see things that interested me, see things that were weird, like 'Why does this leaf have spots?' like 'Why is this bug this way?' and I, you know, sometimes tried experimenting with them. Mostly just tried poking at them with sticks."

Melissa Kwan

Melissa Kwan

by Nina Gee, Humans of Harker Videographer

This is the third installment of the Humans of Harker 2018 video series. Through this project, the Harker journalism program aims to tell the story of the senior class, one profile at a time.

1 Comment

One Response to “Humans of Harker Video: Amy Dunphy ventures into uncharted scientific territory”

1. Pam Dickinson on May 11th, 2018 10:14 am

This is absolutely fabulous, Nina. I love Amy’s journey and this is beautiful visual storytelling!

*

• Humans of Harker Video: Amy Dunphy ventures into uncharted scientific territory

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker: Isabella Spradlin gleans insight from sisterhood

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker: Rahul Mehta befriends others through banter

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker Video: Tiffany Shou pushes her limits in the weight room

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker: Sparsh Chauhan takes pride in his work

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker: Angel Cervantes chases his goals

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker: Maxwell Woehrmann acts incisively

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker: Aadith Srinivasan leads silently

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker: Raveena Panja synthesizes art and video games

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker: James Pauli draws strength from faith and family

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker: Akshaya Vemuri retains elements of tradition in her friendships