Humans of Harker Video: Amy Dunphy ventures into uncharted scientific territory

"As a kid, I think I always liked exploring and I liked going outdoors," Amy Dunphy said. "My backyard had a lot of trees in it, so I was always trying to climb one, trying to get up in any way I could. I spent a lot of time there, and I'd see things that interested me, see things that were weird, like 'Why does this leaf have spots?' like 'Why is this bug this way?' and I, you know, sometimes tried experimenting with them. Mostly just tried poking at them with sticks."

Melissa Kwan

Melissa Kwan

by Nina Gee, Humans of Harker Videographer

This is the third installment of the Humans of Harker 2018 video series. Through this project, the Harker journalism program aims to tell the story of the senior class, one profile at a time.

1 Comment

One Response to “Humans of Harker Video: Amy Dunphy ventures into uncharted scientific territory”

1. Pam Dickinson on May 11th, 2018 10:14 am

This is absolutely fabulous, Nina. I love Amy’s journey and this is beautiful visual storytelling!

[Reply]

*

• Humans of Harker Video: Amy Dunphy ventures into uncharted scientific territory

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker Video: Andrew Semenza charts his travels through the musical landscape

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker: Joanna Lin plays the role of “mom friend”

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker: Shikhar Solanki rises to the competition

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker: Nate Kelly perseveres on and off the field

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker: Meghana Karinthi makes the difference behind the scenes

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker: Matthew Kennedy builds character

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker Video: Alan Jiang weaves together family and fashion

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker: Dolan Dworak subverts expectations

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker: Richa Bhattacharya strengthens friendships through listening

Class of 2018

Humans of Harker: Sunny Jayam solves problems in the robotics lab