School meeting recap 5/16

The juniors, sophomores and freshmen gather in Nichols Atrium for today's school meeting. The seniors, who were not at school today, will be back tomorrow for Wednesday's Baccalaureate ceremony.

Kathy Fang

Kathy Fang

by Rashmi Iyer, Reporter

Assistant Head of School Jennifer Gargano announced the Recognition Program. Teachers will each nominate one or two students for each of the following categories: Mission of the School, Love of Learning and Leadership. All students recognized will receive a certificate in the mail, and students nominated by more than one teacher in a category will be invited to a dinner at the end of the year to honor them.

Harker CTF hosted a scavenger hunt where students answered clues relating to cybersecurity today during long lunch at Manzanita. Students could win up to $80 in Amazon gift cards.

The speech and debate team will host their annual Speech Showcase next Friday in Nichols Auditorium during long lunch. The showcase will feature Nikhil Dharmaraj (10), Avi Gulati (9), Nikki Solanki (9), David Feng (9), Prerana Acharyya (9) and Sana Aladin (12).

Yearbook distribution will take place tomorrow at 3 p.m. outside the journalism room. Students can find their yearbooks by visiting a table marked with their class color. TALON staff members will also be selling boba during distribution.