Keller’s Korner – September 8

As students are becoming more adjusted to school life, sports are kicking into full gear; teams featured this week include cross country and volleyball. In addition to athletics, Link Crew members made their first visit to freshmen advisories this week.

“I really enjoyed seeing the Link Crew go to work. That has been a really fun thing to watch evolve into what it is now. Now that the seniors have done it for two years, it’s interesting to hear them compare the two advisory groups they’ve had,” Butch Keller said. “It’s [also] always exciting when new athletic seasons start. [There is] a new cross country coach and […] there are some rising stars in that sport. Volleyball is exciting to watch because they’re so young as well.”

The cross country team, along with new coach Scott Chisam, attended the Gunn High School scrimmage meet on Thursday, August 30. Corey Gonzalez (10) came in first among the varsity boys, while Ragini Bhattacharya (12) placed ninth in the girls race. Their next meet will be the Chieftan Invitational on Saturday, September 15.

Additionally, the girls Varsity volleyball team began the season defeating Woodside Priory School with a score of 15-13 on their last set on Thursday, August 30. While they lost to Homestead High School at their home opener on Tuesday, September 4, the team picked up another win on Thursday, September 6 against Fremont High School, leaving them currently at 2-1. Their next game will be against Saratoga High School at home on Thursday, September 13.

Finally, the upperclassmen participants in the Link Crew visited their freshmen advisories on Thursday, September 6. During the session, Link Crew members discussed topics ranging from the back to school mixer to stress levels with the freshmen. The freshmen will have the opportunity to meet with their Link Crew about once a month for the rest of year.

More events to look forward to next week include Honor Week and the annual Club Fair.