Zoom CFO shares insights into career journey and economic trends

Lucy Ge

Zoom Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Kelly Steckelberg speaks to over 40 students on Jan. 13 in a joint speaker event hosted by CareerConnect and Oeconomia. Steckelberg touched on the possible economic shift away from business travel, Zoom’s expansion of services and the power of networking.

by Lucy Ge, Co-Managing Editor

Zoom Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Kelly Steckelberg spoke to over 40 upper school students on Jan. 13, sharing insights into her daily responsibilities as CFO and her journey in the business world. 

Steckelberg, who answered questions from student organizers as well as from the audience during a speaker event jointly hosted by CareerConnect and Oeconomia, touched on the possible economic shift away from business travel, Zoom’s expansion of services and the power of networking.

Evan Matvey (10), who attended the speaker event because of his interest in finance and stock trading, valued the chance to hear from an “insider’s perspective” instead of the view of investors.

“It was just cool to see how her schedule changes throughout the year, based on quarterly earnings reports, like what she has to do, and how her obligations change,” Evan said. 

CareerConnect will be hosting a mentorship program in mid-February and a Linkedin profile workshop afterwards in February or March.