Alex Najibi kicks off end-of-year senior speeches at Monday meeting

Today’s school meeting held the first of the senior speeches to be given before the student body by members of the class of 2012.

Senior class vice president Alex Najibi started off the series with a speech to the rising seniors, juniors, and sophomores about the importance of perseverance.

Using anecdotes to convey his message, Alex referenced his student council election experiences. Having won three elections and lost seven, he argued that perseverance is key to making the most out of students’ high school lives. He asserted that what people regret the most is what they have not done, and urged his peers to explore different facets of high school.

“I thought it was invigorating, and I thought it was entertaining because [of] just the way he talked and how he really cared about what he was saying.” said Ashwini Iyer (9).

Ending his speech with humor, Alex used a campaign slogan as a closing line, quickly cutting himself off by stating he had forgotten what he was speaking for.

“It was really awesome and very funny,” Gerry Zhou (10) commented. He appreciated Alex’s “message that he wanted to pass on to persevere and just to try harder.”

Daanish Jamal (12), at first the senior speaker to begin the series, is now scheduled to be the upcoming speaker at a future school meeting.