Evening Fashion Show closes with annual live auction

Going once… going twice… sold! The annual fashion show is not complete without the live auction following the evening show.

This year’s packages are very diverse, including unique sports activities, dream vacations, and one-of-a-kind opportunities at school functions.

“The items are very very exciting […] It’s definitely going to be a lot of fun.” Tere Aveces said before the event.

Aveces was in charge of the auction and compiled the donated packages after communicating with donors. She thinks highly of the benefits that the auction has for the school.

“[I like] How the community gets together to raise funds for the kids,” Aveces said. “The whole campaign is cool.”

One of the donors, Srini Madala, who contributed two of the 13 packages thinks that the show is a great way to display talents separate from academics and donated to give back to the community.

“We felt it was one way we could contribute to Harker […] Just to pay back for the kind of things [the school] do[es] for us,” Madala said.

According to Aveces, bidders know where the money is going to go to the improvement of the school and spend accordingly.

Prices of auction items ran from $1000 to the most expensive item of the night “Strike A Pose….Live and in Print” for $5100. Other top offers went for $5000 including a seven night stay for four on Lake Tahoe and a week in Waikiki over winter break 2012.

“I love the energy in the room.” Molly Wolfe (11) said about the auction.

Molly, whose family won the trip to Waikiki, felt that supporting the school was the major part of the decision to participate, versus simply purchasing a trip.