Varsity girls soccer honors seniors, defeats Mercy

Varsity captain and senior Ria Gupta chases down a Mercy player during the senior night game.

Varsity captain and senior Ria Gupta chases down a Mercy player during the senior night game. "The seniors are definitely a very big part of our team, and they bring a lot of energy and technique to the field," she said. "They’re all such kind and loving people, and they really make this team feel like a family for a lot of us, and so it’s important that we have this one night for them to show them how much we really appreciate them and all the hard work they’ve put in these past years."

Anna Vazhaeparambil

Anna Vazhaeparambil

Anna Vazhaeparambil

The varsity girls soccer team won their senior night game against Mercy High School on Feb. 6 with a final score of 6-1, increasing their league record to 7-3-1 this season.

Seniors Julia Amick, Alycia Cary, Ria Gupta, Rithi Jayam, Alexandra Lu, Sahana Narayan, Anika Rajamani and Cameron Zell were honored at the ceremony with gifts from their teammates and a message from their coach, Iman Siadat, as he spoke about each of them to the spectators.

Amla Rashingkar (11), a member of the team, added how much the seniors have impacted the team and helped the other players.

“The seniors are definitely a very big part of our team, and they bring a lot of energy and technique to the field,” she said. “They’re all such kind and loving people, and they really make this team feel like a family for a lot of us, and so it’s important that we have this one night for them to show them how much we really appreciate them and all the hard work they’ve put in these past years.”

The girls’ last league game will be away against Castilleja on Feb. 11 at 3:30 p.m.