Class of 2022 attends upper school orientation

by Nicole Chen and Eric Fang

The freshman class of 2022 visited the upper school for the first time and participated in various team-building activities with their advisories as part of freshmen orientation on August 23. 

The freshmen got to know their advisors, advisory groups and senior link crew members.

Led by freshman class dean and performing arts teacher Jeffrey Draper and APEX Adventures, freshmen got to know their advisors, advisory groups and senior link crew members, in addition to playing exciting games on Davis Field.

The activities were interrupted in the middle of the day for a lunch break, during which freshmen sat with their advisors and Link crew members. Afterwards, they played more games focused at increasing teamwork and collaboration amongst the students.

Freshman Josh Field enjoyed spending time with his advisory and felt that it helped him become more familiar with other members of his class.

“As the day went on, I noticed my classmates get a lot more comfortable with their advisories,” Josh said. “It was overall just an incredible day for us to bond and get to know each other.”

Freshmen attended matriculation and receiving lockers for the year the day after orientation. They attended the first day of school, meeting teachers and going to their first classes, on August 27.

This piece was originally published in the pages of The Winged Post on Aug. 31, 2018.