School meeting recap 4/26

Varsity dance troupe performs the routine “River Lea” during today’s school meeting. The group will also be performing this number at the upcoming dance showcase Just Dance on April 29 at 6 p.m. in the Rothschild Performing Arts Center.

by Tiffany Wong, Aquila News Editor

Harker Athletics gave a short update about games this past week and encouraged students and faculty to support the teams at upcoming games this week.

There will be a college athletic signing ceremony honoring seniors Jalen Clark, Nate Kelly, Jin Kim, Kristin LeBlanc, Jadan McDermott, James Pauli, Rohit Shah, Tiffany Shou and Alex Wang beginning at 12:45 p.m. in the athletics center today.

The next Quadchella will be held on May 2 during long lunch in the quad. Signups at tiny.cc/quadchella close today

CareerConnect will be hosting a workshop titled “Careers in Commercial Arts” featuring the Arts Institute of San Francisco’s Miya Jones beginning at 12:40 p.m. in the Innovation Center.

Diversity Committee announced signups for the 2018 Student Diversity Leadership Conference, which will be held from Nov. 28 to Dec. 1 in Nashville. Students may apply by May 4, and six Harker students will be chosen to attend.

Harker Journalism showcased the second of their Humans of Harker video series, featuring Darren Gu (12).

Production Manager Brian Larsen announced an improv workshop with two Harker alums on April 28 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Rothschild Performing Arts Center.

Varsity dance troupe invited students and faculty to attend the Just Dance showcase, featuring upper, middle and lower school dancers, on April 29 from 6 to 7 p.m. in the Rothschild Performing Arts Center. The group also performed the number “River Lea,” a routine they showcased at the Head of School’s Circle Celebration in March.

President of Harker Robotics Aria Coalson (12) played a video featuring the team’s performance at FRC Worlds 2018 in Houston. Harker’s Team 1072 was named a winner of the competition’s Roebling subdivision.

Green Team announced Jessica Wang (12) and environmental science teacher Jeff Sutton as the top student and faculty contributors to this year’s Bay Area High Schools Challenge. They also honored Kristin LeBlanc (12), Ashley Jia (11), Gloria Zhang (10) and Pramiti Sankar (9) as the top contributors to the campuswide competition, in which the seniors placed first, the freshmen second, the juniors third and the sophomores fourth. Members of the organization will also be hosting a clothing swap during long lunch outside Manzanita today.

The varsity girls lacrosse and boys volleyball teams played videos inviting students and faculty to attend their senior nights against Aragon at 5 p.m. and Homestead at 6:45 p.m., respectively. Both matches are home games.