Junior class meets with Eagle Buddies at Bucknall campus

Chris Leafstrand (11), Chris Gong (11), Charlie Molin (11) and Sukrit Ganesh (11) look on as their Eagle Buddies play a game of wallball. The juniors traveled to the Bucknall campus to meet with their Eagle Buddies today.

Nicole Chen

Nicole Chen

by Nicole Chen, Aquila Features Editor

The junior class travelled to the Bucknall campus to meet their Eagle Buddies today for the first time this school year.

Juniors left campus at approximately 11:10 a.m. for the lower school, where they ate lunch with their fourth grade Eagle Buddies and enjoyed various activities on the field.

Lower school geography teacher Tobias Wade led students in a game of Four corners prior to eating lunch. After lunch, the juniors and their Eagle Buddies participated in a range of activities, including dodgeball, soccer and a scavenger hunt.

“My favorite part was hanging out with my eagle buddy after lunch,” Nemo Yang (11) said. “It was very fun playing football and throwing balls at each others’ heads.”

Some juniors looked forward more to bonding with their Eagle Buddies rather than participating in the activities.

“I was really excited to see my eagle buddy again because I didn’t get to see her at the last [session] last year. I got a new eagle buddy this year, so it was really fun to get to see them playing with each other and playing with us,” Riya Gupta (11) said. “Just talking with the eagle buddy was more fun than running around with them because it was cool to bond with them.”

Since the beginning of the school year, the juniors have been exchanging letters with the fourth graders regarding the start of the school year and what they are thankful for in light of Thanksgiving.

The last time the juniors met with their Eagle Buddies was in late April, when the lower school students traveled to the upper school.

While the juniors were with their Eagle Buddies, the freshman, sophomore and senior classes participated in LIFE events at the upper school.

The next meeting date for the juniors and their Eagle Buddies has not been announced yet.

Nicole Chen
Krish Kapadia (11), Karan Gupta (11) and their Eagle Buddy use markers to draw on rocks. The juniors and their Eagle Buddies enjoyed a lunch of pizza, salad and cookies on the field during the Eagle Buddies session.