First gradebook reports of school year released on student and parent portals

Assistant+to+the+Head+of+the+Upper+School+Lori+Villarreal+sent+out+an+email+to+all+students+and+parents+this+morning+notifying+them+of+the+gradebook+reports+release.+Teachers+were+able+to+input+grades+until+Oct.+16.+

Tiffany Wong

Assistant to the Head of the Upper School Lori Villarreal sent out an email to all students and parents this morning notifying them of the gradebook reports release. Teachers were able to input grades until Oct. 16.

by Arya Tandon, Reporter

Gradebook reports for students were released on the student and parent portals today at 5 p.m.

This past week, the students have had many different reactions and emotions to receiving their first gradebook report for the year. Some freshmen were anxious to see their first high school gradebook report.

Alex Kumar (9) said that he was not nervous about his grades, but for those of his friends.

“I’m not nervous as much for myself, but I’ve been hearing from a lot of my fellow students that they’re stressed out of their minds,” he said. “So, I’m kind of stressed about that, for them more than me.”

Earlier in the school year, many students’ advisors held 10-minute meetings with individual advisees to discuss their grades. Nishka Ayyar (11) stated that she wasn’t anxious about the gradebook reports release because she was able to check up on her progress for this year with her school counselor before Wednesday.

“I’ve given into my grades,” Nishka said.

Geometry teacher Jeanette Fernandez felt that her students were not nervous about the gradebook reports, as she has already met with some to go over their understanding of topics taught in class.

“If [a student] were in trouble, [he or she] would’ve been speaking to me already or have been assigned office hours already, so no surprises,” Fernandez said.

Report cards for this semester will be released after semester one finals, which will take place from Dec. 12 to 15.