School meeting recap 9/11

Jared Anderson (11), Mahi Gurram (11), Anthony Meissner (11) and Matthew Hajjar (11) deliver Harker Athletics’ weekly Eagle Update at today’s school meeting. They played a video of the varsity girls’ volleyball team’s game against Lynbrook High School on Aug. 29.

by Anvi Banga, Winged Post Copy Editor

National Honor Society (NHS) announced the upcoming community service fair on Oct. 13. Students who run their own organization and want a table at the fair can email NHS advisor Mike Pistacchi this week to sign up for a spot.

Senior class council president Amitej Mehta reminded students of the Homecoming dance next Friday. Tickets ordered this week will cost 10 dollars, half as much as tickets ordered during the end next week and at the door of the dance.

Robotics Club showed a video about the different aspects of Robotics Club and urged students to visit their booth at Club Fair.

Students from the senior class laugh during a funny segment of Robotics Club’s promotional video. Robotics Club representatives Nemo Yang (11) and Anna Wang (11) encouraged students and faculty to check out their club booth at this Wednesday’s Club Fair.

Director of Upper School Clubs Eric Kallbrier reminded students and faculty that Club Fair is this Wednesday during long lunch and will be held both at Nichols Atrium and just outside Nichols Hall. Harker has 65 clubs, programs and societies. The list of clubs and their locations during Club Fair will be sent out in an email tomorrow.

Harker Athletics showed a video of the varsity girls’ volleyball team’s home game last week against Lynbrook High School. They also gave a recap of other fall sports’ matches last week.

Spirit Club announced this Friday’s Spirit Night, which will take place from 3 to 7 p.m. Classes will work on painting their eagle and preparing for Spirit Week next week.

Students from the Conservatory program reminded students of upcoming auditions for the spring musical, “42nd Street,” next week. Sign ups are available on performing arts director Laura Lang-Ree’s door, and there is more information about the auditions on the Conservatory’s Schoology page.

Conservatory program representatives Emmy Huchley (11), Ellie Lang-Ree (11) and Joel Morel (10) walk out onto the court to give their announcement about upcoming auditions for the spring musical. The spring musical will be the first Harker production to be held in the new performing arts center.

TALON yearbook showed pictures from past issues of the yearbook and notified students that TALON staff members will be passing out yearbook order forms at Club Fair. Yearbooks ordered before Nov. 10 are 110 dollars and after that date are 130 dollars.