Upper school parent-teacher conferences to take place next week

Neil Bai

Student Jessica Susai (11) sits with her teacher Ms. Tchourilova. Upper school parent-teacher conferences will take place at the upper school next Monday and Tuesday.

by Anvi Banga, Reporter

Upper school parent-teacher conferences will take place at the upper school next Monday and Tuesday.

Parents of lower, middle and upper school students will participate in the conferences. Students do not have classes on these two days.

Teachers encourage students to attend conferences with their parents because students know how they are doing more than parents do. Students can further comprehend what they need to do to improve in classes and what they are doing well and should continue.

“There’s a great conversation going on between the parents and the teachers and the students,” Latin and history teacher Clifford Hull said. “As a teacher, I can get some feedback from the student, and I can also ask the student some questions and [the student] can answer some of the questions that your parents may have.”

Thanksgiving break starts the day after the conferences, and classes resume on Nov. 28.

This piece was originally published in the pages of The Winged Post on November 16, 2016.