Keller’s Korner – 6/5

Alyssa Amick (11) received a Love of Learning plaque at the academic awards banquet. To do so, she had to be nominated by at least two teachers for the award.

The school year came to a close last thursday, and on the penultimate week of school, students cleaned out their lockers, received end-of year awards,and played in the alumni football game last week.

After coming back from a long weekend, students who had received at least two of the same awards were invited to the academic awards banquet on Tuesday evening. Students were invited if they received two of the same award from different teachers. The three awards presented were Love of Learning, Mission of the School, and Leadership.

John Docherty, a freshmen advisor, clears his advisees after examining their lockers. Locker cleanout was during advisory period on Thursday.

On Wednesday night, players and coaches attended the sports banquet. All Eagle award winners were recognized, and each coach talked about their season and their team.

On Thursday, all students cleaned out and washed their lockers during their advisories. Before leaving, students had to fill out a checklist for locker cleanliness and functionality and have it cleared by their advisor.

Students clean out their lockers, leaving the emptied lockers open for inspection. Locker cleanout was during advisory period on Thursday.

On Friday, students finished off the academic year with the alumni football game, where the current football team played against alumni. Although the game was close, the alumni won 13 to 12.

This week, freshmen, sophomores, and juniors finished the year by taking finals Tuesday through Thursday.