Keller’s Korner – January 26

This week’s events encompassed multiple aspects of school life from both the academic and extracurricular realms, including an Eagle Buddies event, Kicks Against Cancer, and an update on the Intel Science Talent Search (STS).

“Any time we can have the Eagle Buddies in full gear, it’s a good week. It was great watching the clowns and kids interact and have fun and laugh,” Butch Keller said. “And we’re all happy for Paulomi and the fact that she’s being recognized for all the hard work and effort she’s put into her research.”

Juniors and their fourth-grade Eagle Buddies “clowned around” with each other at the Upper School on Thursday, January 24. Visited by four clowns and acrobats, the students had the opportunity to take a break from their academic day and take part in face-painting and juggling while catching up with their buddies. Meanwhile, the seniors visited their fifth-grade buddies on the Lower School campus.

The fourth annual Kicks Against Cancer hosted by the girls’ and boys’ soccer teams took place on Davis Field on Friday, January 25. All proceeds from the event are donated to Camp Okizu, a camp dedicated to cancer patients and their families. Both teams were victorious, with the boys defeating Pinewood 3-0 and the girls winning against Eastside College Preparatory 6-0.

Senior Paulomi Bhattacharya received the news on Tuesday evening that she was recognized as one of 40 Intel STS finalists in the nation. The only one of six semi-finalists at the Upper School to advance to the final round of the competition, Paulomi will have the opportunity to present her project in Washington D.C. and meet President Obama.

More events to look forward to next week include WiSTEM week and the annual Dance Production.