School meeting recap – 2/17

Students+listen+to+various+announcements+presented+at+todays+school+meeting.+Announcements+were+made+regarding+the+AP+art+exhibition%2C+sports%2C+and+more.+

Students listen to various announcements presented at today’s school meeting. Announcements were made regarding the AP art exhibition, sports, and more.

The next installment of Head of School Christopher Nikoloff’s lecture series took place place during long lunch from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. in the conference room.

11 exchange students from Switzerland are visiting the Upper School campus this week.

The computer science and engineering career panel will take place tomorrow during long lunch from 12 to 12:45 p.m.

Students interested in representing Harker at the National Shakespeare Competition should submit and their monologues prior to reciting them tomorrow during long lunch.

Student council has undertaken a number of projects throughout the year, including the addition of the dress code committee and is currently working on adding more charging stations and hosting the annual faculty appreciation breakfast.

The sophomore class bake sale series will continue this Thursday during advisory.

Chinese National Honor Society is hosting its week in celebration of Chinese New Year, which will be observed tomorrow. Various activities will take place each day during lunch.

Students interested in conducting a poster session at Synopsys should sign up by Feb. 27. The required signup form is located on the PCR announcements page.

The Upper School physics team won the annual USA Young Physicists’ Tournament (USAYPT) in Richmond, Virginia, for the third year in a row.

Students interested in mc-ing for HOSCARS should email Senior Shikhar Dixit, and students interested in performing should fill out the form that was emailed to the student body today.

There are no alternate or special schedules this week.