Sierra Quest Bicycle Review- 4/5 stars

The durable yet light structure of the Sierra Quest provides for a comfortable and smooth ride.

Stanley Zhao

With so many busy schedules, it is often difficult to find time for physical exercise unless we actively participate in some form of sport. One great way to burn calories and reduce stress is through biking. It is not terribly time consuming and a calming sport and activity.

There are many benefits that arise from biking ranging from the increase in muscle strength to the improvement of heart health. Before practicing, one must take necessary precautions to minimize injury to avoid injuries such as pulled muscles or broken bones.

One model of bicycle used is the “Sierra Quest” and has proved to be durable and easy to ride in different types of terrain. It is a mountain bike with 21 speeds which are easily adjustable with the shifting gears. Overall, the vehicle travels relatively quickly although the highest speeds are reached going downhill. The braking system does its job well and can put the bike to rest swiftly.

Before this purchase, old bikes often had their tires punctured by small annoying objects on the ground including sharp rocks and debris. This led to a long winded issue to patch up the holes and other such issues. None of these such problems have occurred in this particular model. This may be due to luck but the tires felt significantly more hard and durable than the others previously used.

Surprisingly, the bicycle feels light compared to how it actually looks. The metal frame is mostly if not completely made out of aluminum. However, it aesthetically does not look too pleasing but it functions quite well.

Overall, the bike was a satisfactory purchase. The balance was perfect and took the right amount of shifts of weight to turn. The seat felt oddly comfortable to sit on and connects the rider to the vehicle  This overall constituted to a smooth experiences while racing or casually biking around.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Sierra Quest Bicycle Review- 4/5 stars”

1. Venkat Sankar on September 9th, 2017 5:42 pm

Thank you for this highly detailed and comprehensive review. It was very useful in informing my choice of bicycle to purchase this year.

2. Rishabh Chandra on October 12th, 2018 8:13 pm

This was an awesome review. Really helped me with my purchase of bicycle. Like you, I was amazed with how smoothly the seat connected me to the rest of the bicycle. Many times in the past, I’ve had to shift my weight a wrong number of times to turn a bike, and it was a truly gratifying experience to finally hit the right number. Fantastic choice of transportation.

*

• Sierra Quest Bicycle Review- 4/5 stars

Student 911 emergency closes back loading zone

Class of 2019

Humans of Harker: Flexible to change

Class of 2019

Humans of Harker: Reaching out

Baseball

Weekly Roundup: Spring sports clear the competition

STEM Scene: Online Edition

Audio

Jock of All Trades: #2

Boys Basketball

7 Seniors Commit to College Athletics During Signing Day

Boys Tennis

Tennis team honors seniors, defeats Pinewood

Jazz groups perform in an Evening of Jazz, ending with a commemoration of graduating seniors

Multimedia

Jock of All Trades: Episode 1

Sierra Quest Bicycle Review- 4/5 stars