School Meeting Recap – 12/8

Assistant+Head+of+School+Greg+Lawson+reviews+Shelter+in+Place+procedures+in+preparation+for+the+drill+on+Wednesday.+Students+and+teachers+are+expected+to+react+as+if+a+cloud+of+lethal+fumes+were+moving+onto+campus.+

Cindy Liu

Assistant Head of School Greg Lawson reviews Shelter in Place procedures in preparation for the drill on Wednesday. Students and teachers are expected to react as if a cloud of lethal fumes were moving onto campus.

Assistant Head of School Greg Lawson announced a Shelter in Place drill to take place Wednesday and reviewed the procedures for the drill. Students and teachers are expected to estimate the linear amount of tape needed to seal all doorways and windows during the drill.

The track team showed a slideshow video of various track athletes competing in events, encouraging interested students to join track.

HELM announced its January 30 deadline for submissions, with this year’s theme being “revolution.” Students can submit poetry, short fiction, art, and photography by emailing [email protected].

The next seminar hosted by Head of School Christopher Nikoloff will be on beauty and take place from 11:45 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. during Wednesday long lunch in the Nichols auditorium.

The gingerbread house-making class competition will take place during Wednesday long lunch. Spirit will provide frosting and graham crackers, and each class will be responsible for buying the rest of the decorations. Jazz band will also be performing Christmas tunes at 11:45 p.m. Spirit will also put out finals stress relief activities in Manzanita this week.

Eagle Update: Girls’ basketball was 3-0 at the Pescadero Tournament Championship last week, and sophomore Jordan Thompson was named to the All-Tournament team. The team will face Oceana and James Lick on Friday and Saturday at Blackford this week. Varsity boys’ basketball placed 3rd at the James Lick Tournament with a score of 2-1 and will compete in the Lynbrook Tournament next week. Girls’ soccer tied 2-2 against Lynbrook and lost against Fremont 4-3, and they will host Redwood Christian and Terra Nova on Tuesday and Thursday. Boys’ soccer tied 2-2 against Saratoga High and will travel to Terra Nova on Wednesday and host San Mateo on Friday.

There is an alternate schedule on Thursday for long advisory and a special schedule on Friday for the Holiday Show.