School meeting recap – 10/27

BEcon+took+place+on+Saturday%2C+Oct.+18+and+featured+many+keynote+speakers+and+venture+capitalists.+

Justin Su

BEcon took place on Saturday, Oct. 18 and featured many keynote speakers and venture capitalists.

Berries in the orchard will be dedicated to the late Jason Berry this Friday at 3 p.m. Students who plan to attend but have conflicts should inform their coaches or appropriate faculty members.

Red Cross Club is hosting a blood drive from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Dec. 3. Sign-ups will take place during lunch two weeks from now. Students must be 16 or older to donate.

Neil Movva (12) won the Harker Tank at BEcon with his invention PathFinder, which aims to assist visually impaired people by translating sight to touch.

The annual pumpkin carving contest will take place tomorrow during long lunch. The competition will begin at the start of lunch, and requires four carvers per grade.

This year’s fall play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, will take place at the Blackford Theater this Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Tickets are being sold in the edge for $8 for students and $15 for adults.

Eagle Update: Girls’ volleyball had two wins last week over Notre Dame San Jose and Menlo School. Girls’ tennis defeated Kings Academy and Crystal Springs last week, and face Sacred Heart Prep and Castilleja this week. Football defeated Emery High School 64-4, and boys water polo lost to Los Gatos and Wilcox last week. Girls’ golf defeated Notre Dame San Jose, and begin the league qualifying tournament tomorrow. Winter sports begin Monday.

There are no alternate schedules this week.