Varsity boys soccer ties with Lynbrook High School

Kaity Gee

Kevin Moss (12) runs up to play defense. The boys are 3-0-1 on the season.

In their fourth game of the season, the Varsity boys soccer team tied with Lynbrook High School at home, 2-2.

Junior Nikhil Kishore, assisted by Alan Guo (11) scored in the first half, while goalie Samir Chaudhry (12) successfully protected the goal from at least three scoring attempts until half time.

In the second half of the game, Omar Hamade (10) attempted two shots, however, the ball, for the most part remained on Harker’s side. Eventually, Lynbrook High school scored, despite Jithin Vellian (12)’s efforts to protect the goal.

Shortly afterwards, junior Jeremiah Anderson scored a goal, assisted by Omar, later followed by a goal from Lynbrook to tie the game. The team’s record currently is 3-0-1 in the season.

Junior Ramzi Jashan thinks that the team could have performed better, but that the score reflected the effort they put in.

“Honestly they were a pretty good team, but we could have played much better, and we were kind of slacking off. We definitely could have won,” he said. “As our coach said, they played pretty well and they actually had lot of opportunities but they didn’t execute on them. Overall, I think it was a good game.”

Omar agrees with Ramzi, but also thinks that the team cooperates more this year, adding that they will probably make Central Coast Section (CCS) playoffs.

“I think, even though we might not have the same depth in players as last year, we are much better, and we play more as a team,” he said. “I think we will make it to CCS and take top two in league.”

The team will play an away game against Mills High School on January 4. During the break, they will be practicing for an alumni game on December 28 on Davis Field.