Students study as finals approach

Sophomores Karnika Pombra and Ankita Pannu study for their chemistry final during their free period. The chemistry finals will take place on Wednesday, June 5.

The Upper School library has become a “dead-quiet zone” as many students busy themselves with textbooks, flash cards, notes, and studying sites in preparation for the end-of-year finals.

Although the rule has just been implemented, some students have been studying for a while already.

“I started reviewing all the material about two weeks ago,” Sahana Narayanan (9) said. “But it was only this week I studied it really intensely.”

Others have taken a more relaxed approach, choosing to start studying in the past few days or this coming weekend.

Opinions on the various exams themselves have been varied, though English and Physics have stood out as being the tests that have the most students worrying.

“[I am most concerned about] English because of the sheer amount of material I need to know,” Harry Xu (10) said. “Reviewing my notes is my primary method [of studying].”

Under the instructions of his teacher, Mr. Hufnagl, the students, including Harry, created Google Docs in groups to study.

Panny Shan (9), on the other hand, is worried about the Physics exam.

“It’s so easy to get stuff wrong even if you think you’re doing it right,” she said.

While some believe that all finals will be challenging, a few students have one or two that they believe will be easier than the rest.

“[The] Latin final should be okay since we reviewed everything in class recently,” Sahithya Prakash (11) said.

All students’ methods for studying seem to all run in the same direction, which is to study continuously using various sources that their teachers provide.

“[I’ve been] reviewing and redoing past tests, doing practice problems, and using Quizlet,” Daphne Yang (9) said.

Final exams will be held from June 4 to 6 in the Atrium, Auditorium, and gymnasium.