Sonia+Yu+%289%29+leads+the+freshmen+in+a+section+of+their+class+dance.+The+juniors+placed+first+in+the+class+dance+competition%2C+followed+by+the+seniors%2C+the+sophomores+and+the+freshmen%2C+respectively.+

Carter Chadwick

Sonia Yu (9) leads the freshmen in a section of their class dance. The juniors placed first in the class dance competition, followed by the seniors, the sophomores and the freshmen, respectively.

From heroes to villains: Upper school hosts in-person spring Spirit Week

Cheers infuse the crisp air on Davis Field. The chants emanating from white, black, yellow and green clusters — freshman, sophomore, junior and senior classes dressed in their respective colors — overpower the music blaring from speakers as members of the Harker Spirit Leadership Team (HSLT) make final preparations. Class representatives wave hand-drawn flags, rallying their classmates before activities begin. For the first time in three years, the in-person spring Spirit Rally has returned.

The rally concluded this year’s spring Spirit Week, similar in concept to the fall semester’s Homecoming Week. Spirit Week was planned and organized by Harker Spirit Leadership Team, who worked closely with each class’ Student Activities Board (SAB) and Harker Spirit advisors Eric Kallbrier, Kerry Enzensperger and Andrew Irvine since February to bring this school-wide event to life.

Upper school kicks off Spirit Week with Disney-themed day
Classes compete in sports-themed spirit day activities
GSA and HSLT host pride-themed spirit activities
Seniors and freshmen triumph in dodgeball competition finals on class-themed spirit day
Juniors storm Spirit Rally, take home first place