“Welcome Home:” Opening of Rothschild Center invites Harker community to celebrate new performing arts space

Members of the Harker community gathered yesterday night to witness the opening ceremony of the Rothschild Performing Arts Center at the upper school. The event featured a ribbon cutting ceremony, performances in the Patil theater and self-guided tours to explore the various classroom and rehearsal spaces in the new building.

February 3, 2018

Nicole Chen
Head of School Brian Yager makes a speech prior to the ribbon cutting ceremony. Attendees at the ribbon-cutting ceremony were divided into two showings, each of which featured alum and student performances as well as a video show-and-tell presentation.
Nicole Chen
Architect Kevin Hart is acknowledged for his work on the Rothschild Performing Arts Center. The opening ceremony featured a showing in the Patil Theater as well as self-guided tours to explore the facilities of the center.
Nicole Chen
The Rothschild and Patil family along with the Board of Trustees participate in the ribbon cutting ceremony. The opening ceremony featured a showing in the Patil Theater as well as self-guided tours to explore the facilities of the center.
Kathy Fang
Alumni Volunteer Programs Director of Event Fundraising Tere Aceves hands out tickets for the Patil Theater showings prior to the beginning of the ceremony. Attendees at the ribbon-cutting ceremony were divided into two showings, each of which featured alum and student performances as well as a video show-and-tell presentation.
Nicole Chen
Attendees find their seats prior to the start of the first showing. The opening ceremony featured a showing in the Patil Theater as well as self-guided tours to explore the facilities of the center.
Nicole Chen
Performing Arts Director Laura Lang-Ree, dance teacher Karl Kuehn and theater teacher Jeffrey Draper make an opening statement in the Patil theater at the beginning of a showing. The opening ceremony featured a showing in the Patil Theater as well as self-guided tours to explore the facilities of the center.
Nicole Chen
The Patil family performs a routine to “Never Knew Love Like This Before” in the Patil theater. The opening ceremony featured a showing in the Patil Theater as well as self-guided tours to explore the facilities of the center.
Nicole Chen
Dance teacher Karl Kuehn introduces one of the alumni performances yesterday. Both current Harker students and alumni performed at the showing in the Patil Theater.
Kathy Fang
Michelle Holt (’11) sings “Regnava nel silenzio” from “Lucia di Lammermoor” during the showing in the Patil Theater. There were two showings in the Patil theater, along with self-guided tours of the new building.
Nicole Chen
John Ammatuna (‘11) performs “Corner of the Sky” from “Pippin.” Harker students and alumni performed at the showing in the Patil Theater.
Nicole Chen
Members of Jazz band perform a piece in a practice room during the self-guided toors. The opening ceremony featured a showing in the Patil Theater as well as self-guided tours to explore the facilities of the center.
Nicole Chen
Vocal music teacher Jennifer Sandusky conducts a group of choir students in a rehearsal room in the performing arts center. The opening ceremony featured a showing in the Patil Theater as well as self-guided tours to explore the facilities of the center.
Nicole Chen
A group of sophomores take a photo inside one of the dressing rooms. The performing arts center features two dressing rooms on the basement floor.
Nicole Chen
Attendees admire the video screen with lists of names of Harker alumni. The screen is composed of three-inch LCD squares, which can be programmed individually to create different digital effects and projections.
Nicole Chen
An attendee takes a photo of the video screen in the main lobby of the Rothschild Performing Arts Center. The screen is composed of three-inch LCD squares, which can be programmed individually to create different digital effects and projections.
Nicole Chen
The walkway outside the Rothschild Performing Arts Center features bricks with donors’ names. The opening ceremony featured a showing in the Patil Theater as well as self-guided tours.
Nicole Chen
All attendees received a chocolate bar to commemorate the opening ceremony. The opening ceremony featured a showing in the Patil Theater as well as self-guided tours.

Harker Aquila • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

• W

WINSTON CHENFeb 4, 2018 at 7:03 pm

A fantastic project that demonstrated the spirit of the Harker community.

Reply
1