Keller’s Korner – March 2

Filled with athletic, artistic, and academic events, this week included the annual AP Studio Art exhibition, STEM week, and the Quill and Scroll induction ceremony.

“I really have enjoyed the WiSTEM week. The lunch yesterday was pretty cool all the way around if you’re in my position because you get to see how excited the students and teachers can be about science,” Butch Keller said. “And then you walk over from the gym to the art exhibit. The art that was displayed was just fascinating.”

During long lunch on Wednesday, February 29, AP Studio Art students showcased projects they have been working on throughout the year for the community to see in Nichols Hall. The course is taught in 2D and 3D by Pilar Aguero-Esparza and Jaap Bongers. Students from both classes were required to form a central theme that best represents their works, whether they were graphic designs, sculpture, photography, drawing, or painting.

Women in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (WiSTEM) held their annual club week along with other STEM related clubs from Monday, February 27 to Friday, March 2. Events hosted by the clubs included the STEM fair in the gym, which featured experiments with liquid nitrogen, bubbles, and vacuums. Students also received points for their class by coming to the fair; the winning class will have the opportunity to donate the money raised this past week to the STEM related charity of their choice.

On Friday, March 2, the journalism program held the Quill and Scroll induction ceremony. The honor society for journalism students, the Quill and Scroll honors reporters with certain GPA requirements who have contributed significantly to their school’s journalism program. This year, 12 inductees will join Quill and Scroll during the ceremony in addition to the 12 existing members.

More events to look forward to next week include the Siemens assembly, a Cum Laude lecture by poet Joseph Lease and the annual Hoscars.