Arya Maheshwari

Arya Maheshwari, Winged Post Editor-in-Chief

Arya Maheshwari (12) is the co-editor-in-chief of the Winged Post. This is his fourth year on staff, and he's looking forward to developing his writing skills and editing some awesome and intriguing pieces in STEM. Arya enjoys running, playing piano, reading strange books and ruminating on everything.
All content by Arya Maheshwari
“Most dancers say that the stage is when and where they know that everything theyve been doing is worth it. If you think about it in minutes then it doesnt seem worth it, but I feel like the stage experience in general—rehearsing there, creating a story, and everything about that—thats a very unquantifiable thing. Thats why I continue. Thats why all those artists continue. I think its because the feeling of art is, in an economic sense, greater than everything else—its almost infinite,” Michelle Si (12) said.

Humans of Harker: The art of aplomb

by Arya Maheshwari, Winged Post Co-Editor-in-Chief
May 26, 2021
“I dont want to dog on teamwork because Im a big fan of teamwork for sure—there are a lot of times for it. But to a degree, I really do appreciate the importance of self-sufficiency. I’m a big fan of that, not in a way of ‘you should not need other people,’ but when necessary, you should be able to handle whats thrown at you,” Bayden Yazalina (12) said.

Humans of Harker: Under the hood

April 20, 2021
“That feeling of letting go—whether it’s hearing and feeling my voice to the tips of my fingers or feeling it project out into the world, or whether it’s that feeling of finding something new—it’s ... addictive and keeps me going,” Ruya Ozveren (12) said.

Humans of Harker: Voice and vocation

February 16, 2021
Who can run all day, every day? I can’t. Especially in times like this, where our tolerance for exertion is already at reduced capacity, continually pushing our limits seems less appealing as a valuable burden to force upon ourselves.

Why I walk

by Arya Maheshwari, Winged Post Editor-in-Chief
October 21, 2020
Extended periods of screen time can exacerbate the psychological challenges brought by the physical limitations of sheltering-in-place. “Making sure that we get away from that two-dimensional and [move] into that three-dimensional [is important],” counselor Lori Kohan said.

How to stay zippy with Zoom

by Sara Yen, Features Editor
April 29, 2020
“Most of my interactions were tied to the circumstances of the moment. In order to step beyond that, and get to a more meaningful relationship, [I realized] there has to be something more to it. And I think being more vulnerable is a good way to get there,” Evan Cheng (12) said.

Humans of Harker: Conversing with clarity

by Arya Maheshwari, Co-Managing Editor
February 26, 2020
“I want to be the best person I can to people in terms of compassion and kindness. I’m not sure where it really comes from — I guess my identity, ever since I moved here, has been ‘the Canadian,’ so there’s always that stereotype where I have to be super nice to everyone and I have to apologize for everything. But it really does hurt me if I make someone feel bad. I’d much rather them be more positive or happy because of something I’ve done,” Finn Frankis (12) said.

Humans of Harker: Compassion in curiosity

by Arya Maheshwari, Co-Managing Editor
January 8, 2020
For me, it’s just doing things that are stupid and mundane, and then doing them with friends makes them fun, and exciting and unique — I just like that, Mihir Sharma (12) said.

Humans of Harker: Stringing together

by Arya Maheshwari, Aquila Co-Managing Editor
November 6, 2019
Have something that you can go outside and experience. I don’t think enough people realize the opportunities they have here in California. The nature we have here - it’s probably top-class and it’s probably not going to get any better anywhere else you go. And I think that people should take advantage of that, while they have it, Krish Kapadia (12) said.

Humans of Harker: All around

by Arya Maheshwari, STEM Editor
March 23, 2019
“I look to music to kind of explain things about myself that I can’t explain with thoughts or words, just these kind of questions that I have about life. When I listen to music, those things become clear to me, not in a logical sense -- but you can kind of feel why life is worth living, Alex Rule (12) said.

Humans of Harker: Feeling the vibe

by Arya Maheshwari, STEM Editor
January 15, 2019
A conservation of conversation

A conservation of conversation

by Arya Maheshwari, STEM Editor
October 17, 2018
Memoir Monday: Dual Mangoes

Memoir Monday: Dual Mangoes

by Arya Maheshwari, Reporter
November 6, 2017
FreshmanServiceTrip10.11.17_AryaMaheshwari

Photo Frenzy 10/23/17

November 1, 2017
Load More Stories