Prom to be held at The Glass House

Nikhil+Parmar+signs+up+to+buy+a+ticket+for+prom.+Tickets+will+be+sold+for+%24120+during+both+lunches+outside+of+Manzanita.+

Gloria Guo

Nikhil Parmar signs up to buy a ticket for prom. Tickets will be sold for $120 during both lunches outside of Manzanita.

by Gloria Guo, TALON Seniors Editor

This year’s prom, themed the “After Party,” will take place on April 23 at The Glass House from 8:30 pm to midnight.

Every year, prom is planned and executed by the Prom Committee, a crew of juniors and seniors who volunteer their time to prepare the event for their fellow classmates. Besides organizing food, decorations and selling tickets for the occasion, these students also decide on the year’s unique theme.

“Any junior or senior can join Prom Committee and contribute to the dance,” Prom committee member Layla Walker (12) said. “After brainstorming ideas for a theme, we sent out a poll and finally decided on the ‘After Party’ theme this year.”

This year, prom will also be relocating to a larger vicinity in response to last year’s increased attendance. After hosting the event at the Silicon Valley Capital Club for the past three years, the smaller venue will now be replaced by The Glass House to accommodate all the students.

“This year, we have a new and very different space to work with,” Helena Dworak, a senior in the Prom Committee, said. “We’re trying to focus on more of the essence of the Oscars and Hollywood by having the ‘After Party’ theme, and we hope to use the new space to make the prom experience better.”

As prom is a junior and senior exclusive event, many students will be experiencing the dance for the very first time.

“I’m really excited for prom because it’s my first year going, and going to prom is like a milestone,” junior Pooja Kini said. “It’s also one of the only times you can dress up really formally.”

Unlike many of the juniors, who will be attending prom for their first year, this will be the seniors’ last high school dance.

“This is going to be the last dance in my high school career, and I’m most looking forward to taking a lot of photos and spending time with my friends,” senior Lev Sepetov said. “I’m also anticipating the new venue for prom at The Glass House, because it’s a lot bigger and it looks pretty.”

For the coming years, the Prom Committee hopes to continue creating a memorable experience for students and attracting even more dance attendees. Tickets will continue to be sold during both lunches outside of Manzanita for $120.