Keller’s Korner – November 1

The boys’ and girls’ water polo senior nights, Halloween festivities, and an assembly hosted by Law Club provided students a change in the usual schedule.

Both water polo teams won their senior night game against Cupertino High School. For both teams, senior night was their last home game, and their seasons will come to an end this week.

“I really enjoy [senior nights] because it’s a culmination of a great deal of work on the [senior’s] part and the team’s part,” said Head of the Upper School Butch Keller.

Halloween offered an opportunity for students and faculty to be creative. Students dressed up in creative costumes on Thursday including Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Incredibles, and characters from Winnie the Pooh. The Spirit Club hosted the annual pumpkin carving competition during Wednesday, long lunch.

“This week, Halloween had to be my favorite [day] by far,” Keller said. “[I enjoyed] seeing everyone dressed up and relaxed and having fun, and teachers chilling out and dressing like Tigger, Superman, and Wonderwoman. I have to say that yesterday was a great day, a fun day.”

https://harkeraquila.com/12954/showcase/the-evolution-of-halloween/

On Friday, Law Club hosted an assembly featuring Judge Lucy Koh, a Northern District Judge of California. She is the current judge presiding over the Samsung vs. Apple case. Judge Koh answered questions presented to her by both Law Club officers, students, and faculty.

“The Law Club has stepped up,” said Keller. “[They are] having an assembly and reaching out to the student body, so we can learn more about that profession and people in general.”

District judge speaks to Upper School

Keller looks forward to next week’s events including dodgeball, the beginning of Head of School Chris Nikoloff’s lecture series, and the fall play.