Keller’s Korner – September 20

This week featured a different LIFE assembly for each grade as well as a Junior Varsity football game against Irvington High School.

The freshman class listened to advice about the upcoming school year and high school in general from this year’s Senior Panel. Meanwhile, the sophomores listened to a presentation by Diane Main about internet safety, and the junior class listened to a presentation from the Youth Empowerment Seminar (YES) and learned two breathing techniques to calm the mind. The seniors spent the time playing with their Eagle Buddies.

“That day when we do [Eagle Buddies and LIFE assemblies] is always one of my favorites because I just love watching the high schoolers interacting with their Eagle Buddies. That’s definitely a highlight of my week,” said Head of the Upper School, Butch Keller. “The LIFE assemblies I think are so important to what we do, and the pictures of the LIFE assemblies that we have are indicative of how good they were yesterday.”

http://www.talonwp.com/2013/09/news/life-kicks-off-the-first-assemblies-of-the-year/

The Junior Varsity football team won its second game against Irvington High School, improving its overall record to 2-0. The final score was 20-6. Lead scorer was William Park (9) with two touchdowns.

“Any time we can win a football game, I’m always happy,” Keller said. “I love the fact that we’re out on the field and competing. I’m very happy with the fact that we’re playing, and especially the fact that we’re winning.”