Keller’s Korner – February 23

The annual Fashion Show stole the spotlight during the short week following break.

“The Fashion Show is one of the highlights of the year in that the community has to come together and work together to produce this incredible show that does so much for our community and for the ultimate benefit of the students,” Butch Keller said. “It’s always fun to see the Fashion Show come together with so much work and see all the people [involved] rewarded and having so much fun in the process.”

Themed “Mission: Possible,” an afternoon and evening show were held at the San Jose Convention Center and featured models from every walk of the community: students, faculty, and parents.

As attendees entered the building, they were greeted with instrumentalists and Upper School hosts and hostesses; guests also had the opportunity to play poker in the lobby.

The show commenced with a segment featuring all senior models dressed in Ken Chen San Francisco designs. Throughout the show, groups from all three campuses, including the fifth grade choir, Downbeat, Dance Fusion, Showstoppers, Varsity Dance Troupe, the Harker Octet, and Jazz Band, performed in between runway segments. The entire cast danced together during the “Gangnam Style” segment, which featured math teacher Misael Fisico as “Psy” and merited a standing ovation from several members of the audience. The show concluded with Downbeat singing “Just the Way You Are” to the melodies of the Harker Octet as the senior models strutted down the runway.

Concluding the evening show was an auction that included items such as teaching at Harker for a day, followed by a dance for models and attendees.

More events to look forward to next week include a road safety assembly as a part of the L.I.F.E. project to help encourage cautious driving.