Wrestling Advances to CCS

Darian+Edvalson+%2812%29+pins+down+his+opponent+during+a+round+his+senior+night.+Darian+has+advanced+to+CCS+and+will+compete+next+week.+

Anishka Agarwal

Darian Edvalson (12) pins down his opponent during a round his senior night. Darian has advanced to CCS and will compete next week.

After a two-day league championship meet over February break, two Upper school students, Darian Edvalson (12) and Davis Howard (9) have advanced to CCS.

Darian placed 6 out of 14, beating opponents from Palo Alto and Fremont High School. This is the second year he has qualified for CCS.

“I’m so excited to make CCS. I made it sophomore year and wanted to go back junior year but was hurt, so I couldn’t wrestle at leagues. I’ve been working all offseason and season and that all came to a stop mid-season when I broke my ribs, but my doctor let me come back early from that injury to wrestle at leagues,” he said. “Now all I have to do is go place at CCS.”

Davis placed 6th out of 8 in his weight class beating his opponent Homestead. He is one of only three freshmen to ever make it to CCS in his first year competing.

At the final league meet, participants had to rank 6th or higher to move on to CCS. At the CCS tournament the top two or three wrestlers will advance to states.

Danny Reidenbach (9) placed fourth for JV, however there is no CCS tournament for JV.

The CCS meet will take place Feb 28 – March 1.